Wednesday 10 October 2007

Classes

Last night (Tuesday) I spent the afternoon with Kelly Rogan. We chatted over coffee, which is one of my favorite things to do with my girlfriends. Afterwards we walked to my favorite “secret meeting’ in the 6th arrondisement. On our way we stopped by Notre Dame, translation, Our Lady. We heard singing so we went inside and listened to an amazing song celebrating God’s love sung by a chorus of women with the clearest voices. We lit a candle for Mary and said a prayer for women everywhere. I experienced a sense of serenity that has carried me through this morning.

So a look at my classes, because I am sure you are all dying to know what I am studying:

I do not like:

Communication and the Global Public Sphere
Research Methods in Communications Studies
These classes are both very theoretical and honestly, I do not love them. I consider them push-ups for my brain.

The two classes I just love are:

Cultural Diversity and the Globalization: Goods and Actors
The professor Raj Isar used to head the culture division of UNESCO. I actually met with him this morning to discuss what I can do with my degree in terms of a career.
Design Hub Project
This is a super cool experience. Below is a brief description of what we are doing (4 of us and a professor.)
Educational objectives






• Research on eco-design and the broader topic of economic, social and ecological sustainability.




• Research on the impact of sustainability in the fields of design, communications and education.




• Participation in the creation of "The Design Hub", a non-profit association dedicated to the promotion of sustainable design through real-world projects in developing countries.


• Hands-on professional training in web design and online social networking applied to NGO communications.




• Mission description, brand creation, advertising and marketing as applied to non-profit organizations.





Specific tasks




• The student will be expected to satisfactorily accomplish the following:




• Write a report on the general issues of sustainable design, with examples of a variety of concrete applications in the developing world.




• Help prepare the organization of an Internet based project: a international forum/conference devoted to "Collaborative, cross-disciplinary, sustainable design".




• Create a website which, with other Internet-based resources, will serve as a platform for the forum.

That is right sukaaaas, I am going to learn how to design a website!

No comments: